The Transfer Seminar is a seminar which was implemented for the first time as a pilot in 2009 for the participants of that cycle. The Transfer Seminar takes place every year in the autumn in a different GLEN country in Europe and is open to all interested Glennies.
The aim of the seminar is to support GLEN participants and former Glennies after their stay abroad in making good use of their experience in the South for global education and in planning their global education activities for the Global Education Practice Phase. During the seminar the participants get a chance to go deeper into the theory and methodology of global education as well as to share their experience and build a new global education activity based on that.
The content of the seminar includes mainly:
- Definition of quality global education
- How to link the experience in the South with global education in Europe
- Global education in Europe, sources of information and support on the European level
- Fundraising training
- Methodological training on specific methods linked to certain topics
- Global education activity planning
- Evaluation of global education activities