How to apply
Who can apply?
You can apply for becoming a GLEN participant if:
- you want to learn more about and get active in Global Education,
- you are interested in working with a diverse international team,
- you are interested in European and global interaction,
- you commit to participating in the whole GLEN training cycle (i.e. 2 Multipliers’ Training Seminars, an internship in the Global South, a Global Education practice phase in Europe, RENew seminar),
- you are between 21 and 30 years old at the moment of the application,
- you want to engage in global education activities in Europe after the cycle,
- you are a citizen or resident of one of the ten countries where GLEN member organisations are present,
- you have not participated in the GLEN Multipliers Training Cycle before,
- you have been engaged in community development, volunteering or other social activities (like NGOs, political parties, students organisations, cultural initiatives etc.),
- you are interested in global power structures, intercultural and international affairs,
- your education and/or professional experience as well as your skills and qualifications conform to the requirements of the internship you would like to make during your GLEN cycle,
- you have a very good command of English or French,
- you have a sufficient command of other languages that might be required (as specified in the internship descriptions),
- you have basic knowledge of a local language and/or the will to learn it,
- you are willing to accommodate yourself with the conditions of living and working in the country of the internship.
If you want to apply for GLEN-Anglo, you additionally need to:
- have a very good command of English, already for the seminar phase.
If you want to for GLEN-GéCo, you additionally need to:
- have a good command of French, already for the seminar phase, even if your internship takes place in another language
- be interested in German-French exchange
- be interested to exchange knowledge on or learn more about sustainable development and agriculture
The national GLEN partners might have further specific requirements or requests. Therefore, please see the website of your national GLEN Member Organisation or ask the respective GLEN co-ordinators.
While applying, you need to confirm that you will take part in:
- three seminars (two training seminars and one review and engagement seminar),
- a three month internship in the Global South,
- a Global Education practical phase, i.e. the implementation of global education activities in your country of residence or on the European level
Again, each Member organisation might have different/additional expectations towards your engagement in awareness raising/global education after having returned from the Global South as well as different conditions of participation.
In order to apply, contact your national GLEN Member Organisation! Each organisation has a slightly different application procedure and selection process.
Your participation in the programme is assured only under the condition that the financial resources from different donors are actually transferred and that no incidents in the host country occur that may endanger your stay.
Please note that the division into seminar groups and thus the language of the seminars do not depend on the region of the internships but rather on the composition of the participants’ tandems: most internships taking place in German-French tandems are included in the GLEN-GeCo group, with the seminars mostly in French. The internships taking place in wider European tandems are included in the GLEN-Anglo group, with seminars in English. You can see on the top of each short description which group an internship belongs to!
You have to apply at the GLEN Member Organisation in your home country/country of residence:
- for German applicants – ASA Program, ASA application tool
- for Czech applicants – INEX-SDA
- for Polish applicants – Polish Humanitarian Action
- for Slovak applicants – GLEN Slovakia
- for Latvian applicants – GLEN Latvia
- for Estonian applicants – AKU
- for French applicants – BRECI-Enseignement agricole francais
- for Hungarian applicants – Hungarian Volunteer Sending Foundation
- for Lithuanian applicants – Pagalbe National NGDO Platform
- for Slovenian applicants – Zavod Voluntariat
- for Irish participants – Development Perspectives