Become a Member of GLEN!
GLEN, as a network of governmental and civil society organisations in Europe, is looking forward to welcome new member organisations.
GLEN qualifies multipliers in global education, its uniqueness lies in the combination of training seminars with practical experience and in the combination of North-South exchange with inner-European exchange.
Benefits and Outcomes of GLEN
- GLEN builds capacities of young multipliers, NGOs and Governmental Organisations: participants are provided with valuable personal experience, their critical thinking is encouraged, their sense of responsibility developed, and their skills are trained;
- GLEN contributes to raising awareness of global problems within European civil society, to deepen people’s understanding of interdependencies, to change attitudes and to encourage responsible action of European citizens;
- GLEN contributes to North-South dialogue and partnership;
- GLEN contributes to European integration, particularly between new and old EU member states
The potential Member of GLEN should:
- be active and experienced in global education,
- be willing to become a GLEN member organisation (see rights and responsibilities of member organisations according to the GLEN Membership Agreement),
- have sufficient capacities to co-ordinate GLEN at national level and to potentially contribute to European activities of GLEN,
- have possibilities to provide funds for its involvement in GLEN
How to request membership in GLEN:
- contact the Steering Committee of GLEN
- send an official request for membership via email from your organisation, introducing your organisation, aims and activities, your motivation for joining GLEN and what can be your contribution to the network, as well as your fundraising possibilities for participating in GLEN
- the SC will then get in contact with you and arrange a meeting with your organisation in order to exchange with you about GLEN and a potential future cooperation
- if applicable, your organisation will be invited to a Members Assembly, so that you get to also know the members and GLEN better
- the decision of Membership is, if your organisation is of course still interested, taken by the Members Assembly