Pagalbe National NGDO Platform
National Non-Governmental Development Cooperation Organisations’ Platform (Lithuanian NGDO Platform) brings together 20 Lithuanian non-governmental organisations working in the field of development cooperation (DC) and development/global education. NGDO Platform was established on March 29, 2007.
Our main areas of activities:
- Public awareness raising and civic education on sustainable development issues;
- Increasing opportunities for Lithuanian NGOs to participate in international development cooperation;
- Representation of the NGDO Platform and its members at national and international organisations and networks;
- Active participation in shaping and implementing Lithuanian, EU and UN development cooperation policies;
- Developing and strengthening the capacities of the NGDO Platform and its member organisations.
Competences of our member organisations:
- Promotion of democracy
- Social policy
- Equal opportunities
- Food security
- Children’s rights
- Sustainable development
- HIV issues
Lithuanian NGDO Platform is an active member of the European Confederation of Relief and Development NGOs CONCORD, closely cooperates with the NGDO Platforms in Ireland, Scandinavia and the Baltic states.
You can also contribute to increased public engagement in international development, by donating to the NGDO Platform or providing your time whilst volunteering at our office.