Estonian Roundtable for Development Cooperation (AKÜ)
AKÜ – Arengukoostöö Ümarlaud
AKÜ was established on civic initiative in 2002 to create a policy dialogue on Estonian Principles of Development Cooperation. From that on AKÜ was an open forum of NGOs and qualified individuals for advocacy, public awareness and joint development projects till 20th December 2006 when AKÜ was established by ten Estonian NGOs. Officially AKÜ was registered on 5th of February 2007. AKÜ has one full time and 2 part time employees.
Fields of activity:
- Participating in policy making processes and in the implementation of
- development policy;
- Monitoring of national DC projects;
- Development education and awareness raising in Estonia amongst different target groups;
- Information exchange and cooperation with organisations, individuals and networks engaged in development cooperation in Estonia and elsewhere;
- Facilitation of information exchange and cooperation between members;
- Preparation of development cooperation projects and their implementation in areas where member organisations are not active;
- Capacity building of members.
GLEN network is a powerful tool how to talk about our responsibility in a globalised world. GLEN offers to young people and also for member organisations a unique chance to broaden one’s view to the world and share experiences and ideas. Since development education is a new topic in Estonia, GLEN provides a “seedbed” for potential multipliers and activists on this field.
Explore the world with open minds. Get inspired and share it!