How to apply
Who can apply?
You can apply, if:
- you want to learn more about and get active in Global Education,
- you are ready to work in a European team,
- you are interested in European and global interaction,
- you commit to participating in the whole GLEN training cycle (training seminars, internship in the Global South, Global Education practical phase in Europe, RENew seminar),
- you are between 21 and 30 years old at the moment of the application,
- you want to work/volunteer in Global Education activities in Europe after the cycle.
- you are a citizen or resident of one of the 10 countries where GLEN Member Organisations are present,
- you have not participated in the GLEN Multipliers Training Cycle before,
- you are engaged in community development, volunteering or other social activities (like NGOs, political parties, students organisations, cultural initiatives etc.),
- you are interested in international development, intercultural and international affairs,
- your education and/or professional experience, as well as your skills and qualifications conform to the requirements of the internships you would like to implement during your GLEN cycle,
- you have a very good command of English or French,
- you have a sufficient command of other languages which might be required (as specified in the internship descriptions),
- you have a basic knowledge of a local language and/or the will to learn it,
- you are willing to accommodate yourself with the conditions of living and working in the country of the internship.
The national GLEN partners might have further specific requests – please, therefore see the website of your home country GLEN Member Organisation or ask the respective GLEN co-ordinators.
While applying you need to confirm that you will take part in:
- two training and preparation seminars,
- a three month internship in the Global South,
- Global Education practical phase: implementation of global education activities in your home country or on the European level
- the evaluation and follow-up at the RENew seminar
As noted before, each partner organisation might have different additional expectations towards your engagement in awareness raising/global education after having returned from the South and different conditions of participation.
In order to apply, contact your national GLEN Member Organisation! Every organisation has a slightly different application procedure and selection process.
Your participation in the programme is assured only under the condition that the financial resources from different donors are actually transferred and that no incidents in the host country occur that may endanger your stay.
You have to apply at the GLEN Member Organisation in your home country
- for German applicants – ASA Program
- for Czech applicants – INEX-SDA
- for Polish applicants – Polish Humanitarian Action
- for Slovak applicants – Tabita
- for Latvian applicants – GLEN Latvia
- for Estonian applicants – AKU
- for French applicants – BRECI-Enseignement agricole francais
- for Hungarian applicants – Hungarian Volunteer Sending Foundation
- for Maltese applicants – Third World Group
- for Slovenian applicants – Zavod Voluntariat