Become a Member of GLEN!
GLEN, as a network of governmental and civil society organisations in Europe, is looking forward to welcome new European Member organisations beyond the current Members of old (DE, FR) and new (CZ, EE, HU, LV, MT, PL, SK, SI) Member States of the European Union. GLEN qualifies multipliers in global education. Its uniqueness lies in the combination of training seminars with practical experience and in the combination of North-South exchange with inner-European exchange.
Benefits and Outcomes of GLEN
- GLEN builds capacities of young multipliers, NGOs and Governmental Organisations: participants are provided with valuable personal experience, their critical thinking is encouraged, their sense of responsibility developed, and their skills are trained;
- GLEN contributes to raising awareness of global problems within European civil society, to deepen people’s understanding of interdependencies, to change attitudes and to encourage responsible action of European citizens;
- GLEN contributes to North-South dialogue and partnership;
- GLEN contributes to European integration, particularly between new and old EU member states
The potential Member of GLEN should:
- be active and experienced in global education,
- be willing to become a GLEN member organisation (see rights and responsibilities of member organisations according to the GLEN Membership Agreement),
- have sufficient capacities to co-ordinate GLEN at national level and to potentially contribute to European activities of GLEN,
- have possibilities to provide funds for its involvement in GLEN
For more information, please have a look at the info sheet and at the Membership Agreement. The slide show on GLEN provides a good overview about what happens when within GLEN, and who makes it happen.